Thursday, November 8, 2012

Busted Gloves

Its been a long day and i still have more to do. My hands are bruised and tired. My muscles are aching and I' out of breath. I have been fighting for what seems like an eternity  No sparing session could have prepared me for this match. My championship belt is on the line and so is my reputation. I keep fighting more rounds despite countless knockouts and defeated sessions. I'm not a failure nor am i a quitter but this match is taking a toll on me i just want to remove my gloves and throw in the towel. I'm tired of fighting for us. I'm tired of you fighting dirty this hasn't been a clean match since the beginning. I've seen more gimmicks and illegal blows in this fight than any other championship fight. If my wounds were external i would have double black eyes, cuts above the eyebrow , a busted nose and lips. I would rather the physical pain than to bear the emotional and psychological pain. Those physical wound heal quickly but leaving a scar to remind me of my battle and provide me with a constant reminder to move forward and never return to that what caused me pain. Its the pain that doesn't leave a scar that hurts the most. I soon forget how it feels until it happens again and by that time its too late. I find myself in the same situation once more. I give up everything for you time and time again and then u walk away and leave me empty handed and resentful. So I'm telling you that  last go round was your victory lap. I am removing my busted gloves as they prove that i put up a good fight. I am leaving them in the ring and accepting my fall from grace. I will walk down the lonely corridor to the locker room and there i will remove all things which bind me and which represents and ties with my last fight. As i leave the stadium and let the doors close behind me it will be with my head held high and my shoulders light for all my burdens have been laid to rest along with my self grief to be perfect... 

1 comment: